Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A brand new day!!!

Ok, so I'm praying after yesterday, this day will be better!!! I'll give you a run down on yesterday. This is going to be long, so I'll give you a minute to get something to snack on and drink. --------------------------------------------------- I hope you're back because I'm starting without you. Yesterday morning, Brandon was leaving for youth camp with the girls. I went up there to take my kittens to our friend who is catsitting for us. Well, I had to socialize and everything. I made up for it at the airport. The check in line was long, but went pretty fast. I got done in about 30 minutes. Then there was security. They took all of us through the scenic route. We had to walk all up and down the baggage claim, up and down lines, ugh it was crazy. I finally made it through there, got to the other end of the airport to my concourse, and made it just as they called to board my zone. Whew!!! The flight was great. We got to come in to the new part of the airport in Guatemala City. It's very nice. I breezed through immigration, got my bags, and found the guy waiting to take me to the hotel. When I got here, I told them I wanted wireless internet. I had to take my laptop to the business center. They got it working, so I closed it and came back up to my room. When I opened it to get on, it wasn't working again. So I had to go back down. Well, in the mean time it was 2:55, and I was supposed to get Izzie at 3:00. So I watched and watched and didn't see them. They guy working on my computer had to take it to the techs in the back. By this time it's 3:20, and I'm really worried about where they are. So, I tell the lady in the business center I'm going to run upstairs to make a call. I have our translators number, so I called her. She said there was a mix up with the email to our facilitator. So, they were going to be there at 4:30. So back downstairs I go to get my computer. They guy finally tells me that it's not going to be able to get on the internet. I was devastated. So I used their computer to send Brandon an email. When I got done and walked out, there she was!!! I just fell in love all over again!!! It wasn't the moment that I had hoped for because I was upset I had to communication, but she made it all ok. Then when I was talking to the foster mom, there was a small earthquake tremor. It was so small I didn't even know what it was until someone had told me. Later on I fooled around and got it to start working. PRAISE GOD!!!!! Anyway, we had a play session last night. She is sooooo much fun!!! I can't wait for you all to see her!!!!

Now, on to the good stuff. Here are some pictures!!! (This is going to be fun because blogspot is in Spanish)

In these she was playing with her teething ring. She loves that thing!!!!



These are of her sleeping this morning.





I will post more through out the day!!! I haven't been able to sign onto yahoo yet. It won't let me, and I'm scared to mess with the settings. I'll work on it though!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am crying...tears welled up in my eyes at the sheer joy I hear in your voice! Having seen this little angel in person, I know that she is more precious than these pictures could ever express. I wish you a short trip in GC so you can bring her HOME and hopefully I can see her again soon! I am so very very happy for you Harris Family!! God bless! Love - Bama!

Steve & Amy said...

So happy that you got your computer working!!! Izzie is such an angel!!! We are praying HARD that things get moving and that you are PINK soon!!! Izzie needs to come home!!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

Izzie is just a doll! I am so glad your pc is up and running!
I woke up to Sophia in them same Jammies this morning!