Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

I know, I know, FINALLY a new update

Hi, everyone! Sorry I having been "blogging" much. I was hoping that the next time I posted an update it would contain good news. Well, this does contain good news, but not about our birth certificate. We are still clueless as far as our birth certificate goes. There is no guess as to when it will be signed off on. We have met some really wonderful people on this journey that have tried to help us. So, on Wednesday we will be moving to Antigua. We found a little hotel that is owned by a guy from Tennessee. He has been extremely helpful. Antigua isn't too far outside of Guatemala City, and there a lot of adoptive families that foster there. I've already been getting advice from people who live in Antigua about where to eat and shop for things. It's also a very old, historical city so we'll get to learn some while we are there, too. I've been gone for 2 weeks, and it's really hard being away from the kids, family, our house, and just America in general. I really think God has put me in this place just so that I don't take the things He gives me for granted. It's just like going to Honduras. You come back a changed person. I'm definitely going to be like that. I already am like that. The only difference is, we have Izzie. She is such a gift, even with her temper. Yes, this girl has a temper. She does not like to hear no no at all. But she is so much fun, and I think the kids are going to love her at the stage she's at. So, on with the pictures.

See me crawl?
You can see my teeth really good in this one.
I still sleep funny.
I have a friend. We're playing with my shoes!
Please, please, please, Mommy? Don't make me pitch a fit.
Daddy's here!!!
Look! I got a cell phone before Mackenzie! Hey, Caitlin, I haven't broken mine yet!
Look at my outfit Grammy!
I'm swimming!

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures!!! I'll get more on here when we get a chance!!! Thanks for everyone's prayers!!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Ahhhhh, finally! New pics of my Izzie Girl!! You have been a pillar of strength and I know you are ready to come home! Hang in there - I'm online most of the evenings when you want to "talk". Love you all!!

Steve & Amy said...

So great to see the pictures, but not so great to hear you don't have Izzie's BC yet. Saying prayers that things get moving for you and so that your family will be home together again. Keep the pictures coming Izzie is ADORABLE!!!