Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 23, 2007

One month ago today

I arrived in Guatemala and picked up my beautiful baby girl from her foster mom knowing that I never had to give her back. Thinking back on that day, I never imagined that one month later I would be in Antigua with still no birth certificate. I am happy to say that at least I am able to still be here with her. She is an amazing child, and I feel like God has blessed me to allow me to be her Mommy. Izzie and I have gone through a lot trying to get adjusted to each other, but I feel like we are getting closer. She is such a sweet baby. Thank you, God, for letting me be her Mommy. Now, can we please, please, pretty please come home?????

2 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

Praying that you get Izzie's BC soon!!! A month away from your family is CRAZY!!! Somehow this will all work out and you all will be together again. Saying prayer that this happens soon!!

Anonymous said...

I know it seems like forever, Mandie, but maybe God knew that you and Izzie needed this time together to bond with each other. I'm praying for y'all every day!

Love ya!
Lisa