Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Brandon is home, and we are ok

Brandon made it home yesterday, all in one piece. After he left yesterday, Izzie and I did a tour of some of the historical sites of Antigua. We learned all kinds of things. Izzie did great on the tour, except at the beginning. She wanted to talk while our guide, Elizabeth Bell, was talking. I had to take her out of the stroller and walk around with her. Since Brandon's been gone, she's looked for him. She's been really clingy to me again, I guess making sure I'm not going anywhere. We've just kind of hung around today. We went to eat at Pollo Campero for lunch. Izzie had a great time throwing bread. I've also been emailing the doctor at the International Adoption Clinic at UAB regarding her formula. I'm worried since she's not on a true formula she might not be getting all of the nutrients she needs. The doctor said that we are doing good by feeding her more solid food and made some recommendations as far as formula goes. For those of you who read this and are in the Birmingham and surrounding area, I really recommend them. The doctor is so helpful. Well, I'm going to try to post some pics from the past week. Enjoy!!!!

Look, Mommy. I unpacked my suitcase right after you packed it!!!
How many suitcases does one Izzie take?
Bye bye Guatemala City.
Mommy and me.
We got blankie, so we can leave now.
Hanging out at our new hotel Thursday morning with the dogs.
I'm in the stroller enjoying breakfast.
I'm eating/playing with my bread for lunch.
I'll try to post some of the pictures from yesterday later after I get them uploaded. Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Well, I'm glad that Brandon got home safely and that ya'll are ok in Antigua! Hoping and praying we both get good news soon!! You know we love you!

Jane said...

Just came across your blog today and I wanted to say I love Dr Chambers at UAB! I've been sending my daughter's monthly medical reports to her since referral and she always thoroughly answers my many questions. And she's so nice, too! I live 4.5 hours south of Birmingham, but I'm considering taking my daughter up to the clinic for a final evaluation by the UAB team when she comes home.

Steve & Amy said...

Glad to hear Brandon made it home safely. LOVE the pictures...Izzie is so darn cute!!!! We had that much luggage too...With children we don't travel light anymore!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandie,

Great pictures! I'm glad to finally see some of you for a change! I talked to the girls at church on Sunday and they looked great, but just anxious for y'all to come home, of course. I'm glad Brandon made it back home, and I'm praying that it won't be long before you and Izzie are back here too. We love y'all!

Lisa