Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

And the verdict is.....

still no birth certificate. But it wasn't a wasted trip. Izzie stayed at my friend Stephanie's apartment while I went to Chinautla. I went to Guatemala City, met up with our facilitator, lawyer, and translator, and we headed out to Chinautla. We went to city hall. The mayor wasn't in, so we met with his adviser. I did find out that our facilitator had not been lying to us, which was nice. The adviser apologized over and over to me. He said that they are being extra careful because they have had 2 fradulent adoption paperwork come through. They received verification from PGN yesterday that our file was valid. Out of all the cases they submitted, he only got 6 verifications back, and ours was one of them. He even showed me the paper with the date. He said that they need to verify with the birth mom, and then they would give us our birth certificate. Our facilitator has contacted the birth mom. She will go to city hall in Chinautla on Friday, so hopefully we will have a birth certificate either Friday or Monday. From there, our file will have to be submitted to the embassy for her visa to leave Guatemala on. I'm figuring this part should take about 2 weeks. We are supposed to contact Mike Rogers' office when we enter the embassy. Hopefully he may be able to help things some. So, that is where we stand now. Hopefully I will have some good news within the next few days. It was good to go and see for myself what was going on. And because I'm getting fussed at badly, here are a few pictures. We should have more after Brandon gets here Saturday.

This is what happens when you play too hard.
Izzie swimming at Hotel Antigua
Daddy is never going to get the remote. Besides, how can he resist this face???
Central Park
I was at the market the other day. I looked up and this was the view. This picture just doesn't do the view justice.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Dang! Not wanted to hear but atleast the news is better than you had been getting. I pray that you'll be home by the end of the month. Enough is enough...seems to be the new motto of Guatemalan adoptions. I know it is for us!! Much love - Bamagirl!!

Gail said...

Well, at least you know the truth now and know about when the b.c. will be ready. You also got to see the village where your daughter was born. That's neat!
Gail

BABY ROGO said...

Well, not the ultimate outcome we hope for, but better news than you've had. You all are in our prayers.
Andrea (angelstamper)

Wanda said...

mandie=)
well i didn't know how to just leave a comment so i'm leaving one on this thing! i have been praying that everything will go smoothly! so i know it will cuz God is with ya'll! but oh my woww..izzie is so adorable! i can't get over it! i can't wait until i get to play with her! and i can't wait to see you again! i miss you!!! and i love you very much!
i'll keep praying for ya'll!

i love you

Sarah(i'm under my moms name!haha)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going in the right direction for you guys. I love the pictures, she is just adorable.

Wanda said...

Hi Mandie:
This really is Wanda. I read Sarah's comment & thought "I don't remember writing that", but oh well, after all, I am 50 now & as you say, the memory is the first to go. Girl, I really miss you. Can't wait till you get home. Brandon is getting so skinny-he misses your cooking! HaHa! Seriously, we are fervently praying for you all & hopefully SOON you all can come home. We really do miss you.
Take care & we'll see you soon!

Love ya,

Wanda

Anonymous said...

Mandie,

How exciting and what a beautiful little blessing from God!! I am so happy for y'all and know that Izzie's life will forever be blessed by your loving and kind heart.

You MUST call me the next time your family is down in Columbus!

With all of my love... Carmen