Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 1, 2007

My new shoes

A week or so ago I had a cobbler in this small village we visited make me a pair of shoes. I finally got them today. He actually sketched the outline of both feet to be sure and get the measurements exact. Now, these are hand-made, custom fit leather shoes. In the States I would have paid about $200 for a pair of shoes like this. These cost me Q250, or about $30! At first I thought, oh no...they're too tight. Then, I realized that I thought they were tight because I've never had shoes that actually fit. Plus, they're real leather, so they will mold to my feet. We went out for supper tonight and I walked probably 5 or 6 blocks. I was sure my feet would be killing me...but they're fine. I'm really happy with my hand-made leather shoes.


Izzie is so funny. She's started shaking her head and saying "Nah nah nah" whenever we tell her "No". She's also started pointing at things and whispering "Wow!". She especially likes to do that when we're trying to get her to go to bed, or do something she doesn't want to do. It's almost like she's trying to distract us. Funny kid.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Alrighty Brandon - WE LOVE YOUR NEW SHOES!!! We might just have to do that ourselves. And that Izzie Girl......tooooo cute!! Cannot wait to hold her again!! Much love - Bamagirl!

Steve & Amy said...

The new shoes look so comfy!!! And Izzie is such a little ham!! Praying that you get a BC this week! Hugs & prayers!