Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Izzie has a passport!!!

We told the kids yesterday that Izzie has a birth certificate. The girls (mainly Mackenzie) started screaming they were so happy. Their little sister is coming home!!! We went today to get Izzie's passport. We got there about 45 minutes early, so we just sat there and waited for our lawyer. She got there, and gave us a copy of the long awaited birth certificate. We went in the passport office and stood in line. When we got to the counter, the lawyer gave the lady our paperwork. We had to wait for a few minutes, then they called us to sign and go get her picture taken. We went into another room. They had to get her fingerprints on a electronic device. It was hard because she didn't want to keep her fingers still. Then it was time for the picture. It took the guy about a hundred times to get the picture. It was so funny. He had a little squeaky duck. I was holding it. She was laughing and would point every time he would take the picture. Finally, we got a good one of her smiling. We waited about 20 more minutes, and our lawyer got the passport. So we can mark that off of our list. I saw quite a few other babies there that were obviously being adopting. The guy was the lawyer with four ladies. He was running between them trying to take care of all the paperwork and everything. So, now it's time to be submitted to the Embassy. I'll let you know when that happens. I can't believe we are moving forward again. This is wonderful!!!

Oh, and we also moved again today. We moved into an apartment that has 2 bedrooms. It's so nice to be in a bigger place that in one room. It's so much better. My brother will also be coming down near the end of the adoption to help me get back home. I've got so much stuff to get home I couldn't do it by myself. I'm very excited that he gets to come. It should be great.

3 comments:

BABY ROGO said...

I am so happy for you guys. I've prayed for you every day and am so happy to hear my prayers are being answered.
Andrea (angelstamper)

Kristi said...

I am just so darn happy I could scream!!! I cannot wait to see that little angel in person again!!! What a fabulous update!! COME ON PINK!!! Much love -Bamagirl!

Lynda said...

Mandie,
Hi, my name is Lynda Brun and I got your blog from another blog. We two are adopting our daughter from Guatemala. I have been following your blog and I am so happy that you finally got BC. This process can be so grueling. I have a question for you, we are considing using Marco with Adoption Supervisors. I just got off the phone with him and he sounded realist that we can bring our daughter home before 12/31. Not so sure with the way things are going if we did not use them. I was wondering if you could give us some advice. Our email is lynda12012000@hotmail.com
Thank you so much.
Lynda Bruno
PS you have a beautiful daughter.